The Conversomniacs, Part 3.

[Days later – Caitlin grabs phone and types….]

Caitlin: Hey

*pause*

C:     So, 2 gnus walk into a bar…
Josh: *YAWN* Seriously? 2:37 am and you start with 2 gnus walk into a bar?
C:     Yup. So 2 gnus walk into a bar. Bartender says to one of them what's gnu with    you?
J:      Oh bloody hell…
C:     …and the other gnu says hey! I'm not with him, he's with me! Ha! Get it??
J:      Please don't ever reproduce. 
C:     Come on! That was funny!!
J:      Is that what that was?
C:     Grrrrr…
J:      *gigglesnort*
C:     So…
J:      So, what?
C:     You're kidding, right?
J:      What???
C:     You said you loved me.

*pause*

J:      Did not.
C:     Josh I still have it on my phone!
J:      Oh. That.

*pause*

J:      Yeah, um, I was on Ambien.
C:     Josh…
J:      Look can we just forget it?
C:     Fine.
J.      K. Thanks.
J:      Wait, was that a fine fine, or an I'm pissed off fine?
C:     You are such an asshole, you know that?
J:      Yes, but that doesn't answer my question.
J:      :D
J:      Made ya smile. Don't deny it.
C:     Grrrr. Fine.
J:      So…
C:     Do you have to work tomorrow morning?
J:      It IS tomorrow morn, Cait.
C:     You know what I mean! Stop being such an ass!
J:      No I don't have to work. 

*pause*

C:     Wanna grab breakfast?
J:      As long as there's bacon.
C:     You're such a guy.
J:      Everybody loves bacon.
C:     Not vegans.
J:      Well, they're wrong. So so very wrong.
C:     LOL fine, yes there will be bacon. Jay's? 7:00?
J:      7:00??? I will cut you if you're serious.
C:     Sissy.
J:      If we're gonna go that early why don't we just meet there now for Pete's sake?

*pause*

C:    Ok.
J:     I… wait, what?
C:    Why not? We're both awake….
J:     Um, yeah, sure, ok.
C:    Ok… then, um… see you there in 20?
J:     Sounds good.
C:    K
J:     K

[Josh turns phone off - looks back at bed… and Amy.]

"Fuck."


© J.J. Goodman 2013. All rights reserved.