The Conversomniacs, Part 2.

Josh:    Pssssst
Caitlin: What?
J:          Nuthin. I'm bored      
C:        Do you know what time it is???
J:          Yes. Why?
C:        This is payback for the other night, isn't it?
J:          *snicker*
C:        I hate you.
J:          No you don't.
C:        What do you want Josh?
J:          A Ferrari, a date with Olivia Wilde, maybe some Cheetos…

*pause*

C:        You took an Ambien before texting me, didn't you?
J:          Maybe…
C:        smh
J:          :D
C:        You're an idiot
J:          Tell me something I don’t know
C:        I'm going to sleep now….
J:          Wait!!!!!!
C:        What????
J:          Yes.
C:        Yes what?
J:          Your question the other night. The answer is yes.
C:        Josh for the love of God its 1:45 in the morning. What the hell are you talking about?
J:          Yes, I would date you.

*pause*

C:        Oh.
J:          I mean it. Really. Why aren't we dating?
C:        b/c I'm here and you're there and why are we talking about this?
J:          You started it!
C:        Touché
J:          So…
C:        So…
J:         Caitlin…
C:        Josh….
J:         OMG you're such a girl
C:        I hope so. I have boobs and everything.
J:         I know. They're lovely.
C:        HEY!
J:         LMAO… what??
C:        I… ok yeah, they are. :)
J:         Can I see 'em?
C:        GOODNIGHT, JOSH.
J:         I'll take that as a no….
C:        You. Are. Such. An. Ass.
J:         Haven't we already established this?
C:        I… dammit. I hate you.
J:         No you don't. I thought we covered that too.
C:        You are so frustrating.
J:         But you love me.
C:        Don't push it. I am turning my phone to silent now.
J:         No you're not.
C:        Go to sleep Josh…
J:         Caitlin, wait…

*pause*

C:        What?
J:         I miss you.
C:        I miss you too. Go get some sleep….
J:         ok, ok… just one more thing…

*long pause*

J:         Did you really turn your phone off?
J:         Cait?
J:         *sigh*

*pause*

J:         G'night, Caitlin. I love you.

*pause*

J:         Shit, I just really sent that, didn't I? Stupid Ambien…


© J.J. Goodman 2013. All rights reserved.