An Inkling...

Whether rose or a name
'Tis all the same
With me carried are you
O'er shoulders so strong
Or across arms so long
'Tis my devotion for all to view

Though colors do fade
'Tis the memory made
Of moments remembered so dear
Though painful a time
Results so sublime
Help me to carry you near

No need for a note
Upon which I wrote
Words t'was nervous to say
For the script of my hand
Now adorned in a band
With me wherever I lay

Some call me mad
With these things that I've had
Sketched and drawn and designed
'Tis my own choice to bear
And I really don't care
Whether you find me refined

So ask not again
Why on my body I'd pen
Permanent pieces of art
My expression is mine
So if you care to opine
Please stop before even you start

You've now heard my tale
Though my words have grown stale
For many still simply refuse
To accept what they see
When they gaze upon me
Me and my splendid tattoos

© J.J. Goodman 2014. All rights reserved.