Moving Forward, Sorta, Kinda, Maybe...

I know I've been quiet for a while. I'll blame the day job. That and a wicked case of attention deficit disord... oooooh shiny! Sorry what was I saying? Oh yeah, right... needless to say I've found it a little difficult to focus on writing these days. I do have multiple story lines in the works, though, and wanted to let those who are curious know what's happening! In addition the story bites (that's what I'm calling them, just go with it) that you already see here, I have two other major works in process. The first is a Coraline meets Alice in Wonderland meets The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe-type children's adventure story tentatively titled The Peculiar Tale of Jasper Jones and Dandelion Devine. As I have mentioned before, I often like to experiment with my work. Like the Deep Space Chronicles science fiction series, Jasper Jones also represents a departure from my typical writing style. I like a challenge, and I hope you'll enjoy the result when it's finished.

The other work in progress is Book Three in the Deep Space Chronicles series. As yet untitled, the third book in the series represents the conclusion of what unexpectedly turned into a trilogy. Still in the early stages, Book Three will not be released for some time. While we're on the subject, though...

I am happy to report that I am making progress in both editing and cover creation for Phaedrus: Turmoil on the Frontier, Book Two in the series. I hope to have the work completed and published within the next couple of months.  For now, however, I will leave you with the draft synopsis. For those that have read The Diligent (Warning: insert shameless plug HERE), for which there is a link right over there ---->
you will immediately understand some of the references in the synopsis. For those that haven't, I think I might have mentioned that there is a link to The Diligent right over THERE ---->

In any event, here it is, your first glimpse into Phaedrus:

            Battle weary, all newly promoted Commander Jason James wanted was some rest. None would come, however, as a new menace arises in the wake of the battle at the Outer Banks. Armed with new intelligence about their alien enemies, James, Grace, and the rest of the Diligent’s pilots race against time to destroy that which threatens their very existence. Joined by its sister ship, the USS Frontier, and its young, ambitious captain Keith Barron, the Diligent embarks on its most important and dangerous mission yet – Travel to the crystal planet of Phaedrus, find the orb temple, and destroy it. Too late to realize that the alien plan to enslave them had already begun, ASEF forces find themselves fighting for their lives against the most fearsome challenge ever faced in the history of the human race.

            Phaedrus: Turmoil on the Frontier, the second book of the Deep Space Chronicles series and exciting sequel to The Diligent: Conflict on the Deep Space Horizon, picks up several months after The Diligent’s conclusion. Phaedrus continues the tale of fighter pilot Jason James as he persists in his efforts to regain his memory, adapt to his new world, and embrace his relationship with his Olivia Grace. Amidst the turmoil as a new battle ensues, James and Grace are thrust into chaos as their uncertain future and James’ forgotten past come crashing together in violently spectacular fashion….

             

Comments